I got a little busy since my last post regarding The Feel Good Tribe’s 95 Questions to Help You Find Meaning and Happiness, but I am back at it.
This time, questions 31-40, which may not have come at the best time, but they are what they are. The questions were a bit deep for me in light of some events that have transpired since my last go-around, so I have provided both serious and humorous responses so that I didn’t feel the need to punch myself in the face repeatedly. CHEERS!
31. What’s something new you recently learned about yourself?
Serious response: I learned that my feelings get hurt more than I imagined and that instead of crying, I become angry. I also learned that I am angry at myself for feeling emotionally hurt and am simply/not-so-simply disappointed at the offenders for their behavior.
Less serious response: I learned that I am too much a tomboy for lace undergarments and yet am too girly not to wear lacey undergarments…regardless of how often I rip my finger(s) through said lace.
32. What do you sometimes pretend to understand that you really do not?
Serious response: Why people consciously seek opportunities to inflict emotional pain on others. I have theories, but truly do not comprehend this. Superficially I feel anger about it, but generally feel sadness for the person and much like the electronics I used to disassemble in my youth, I remain curious as to what makes such people tick.
Less serious response: Oh, this list is long!
- My friends’ obsessions with triathlons
- Cassette gearing
- Tassels on loafers
- Pleated pants
- White socks
- ANYONE in a Discovery Channel jersey
- Why my mom won’t move away from that god-awful, one-stoplight town
- Why mom moved TO that god-awful, one-stoplight town
- How the St. Louis Rams still exist but there is no basketball here!!!
- Pork “steaks”
- Provel “cheese”
- Toasted ravioli
- Deep-fried Twinkies/Snickers
33. In one sentence, what do you wish for your future self?
Serious response: I wish for the health, balance, and peace of myself and my loved ones.
Less serious response: A bike for every discipline and many XTERRA podiums!!!!!
34. What worries you most about the future?
Serious response: The state of humanity, or lack thereof as we as a society become further and further detached from ourselves and peers.
Less serious response: That I will look like a Disney’s Fantasia hippo in my pink tri suit at the XTERRA this weekend.
35. When you look into the past, what do you miss most?
Serious response: The calm and security I felt around my grandpa.
Less serious response: The elasticity of my skin.
36. What’s something from the past that you don’t miss at all?
Serious response: The chaos and anguish of my childhood.
Less serious response: All those effing cats my mom brought home!
37. What recently reminded you of how fast time flies?
Serious response: I saw a photo of my son as a toddler; he will be 20 next month.
Less serious response: Last night when it went from 6pm to 10pm in about 30 seconds. (That never seems to happen between 8am and 5pm however.)
38. What is the biggest challenge you face right now?
Serious response: Raising my daughter with a healthy sense of self and yet arming her with the wisdom and strength to counter life’s attacks.
Less than serious response: Convincing myself to put my cycling crap on and ride my bike at lunch through the wall of heat.
39. In one word, how would you describe your personality?
Serious response: Diverse.
Less than serious response: Hilarious!
40. What never fails to frustrate you?
Serious response: The cruelty of others.
Less than serious response: swimming